Welcome to my blogspot where I am going to record and share all information about the adventures that I am going to have during the Spring 2014 semester as a student in ANTH 177 - Museum Methods.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Field Trip to San Francisco State University

On Friday, February 7 I had a very exciting trip to San Francisco.  First, I went to San Francisco State University and met with Professor Edward Luby, Director of the Museum Studies Program.  I had an appointment to meet with him in regards to the possibility of taking a couple of courses from him at SFSU.  He was very generous in spending about an hour with me talking about the program that they offer.  I am a Special Major Masters student in Art Collections Management here at Sac State and it would be a really fantastic opportunity to be able to take some courses that are more specifically in museum studies than what is offered here at Sac State.  As a matter of fact, the course we are in, ANTH 177 is the only course, that I know of, here at Sac State specifically on the subject of museum methods.  He did agree to allow me to take courses at SFSU.  Now we just have to figure out how that will work administratively.  I am really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment